Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Knowing what steps to take after a water damage event can be very tricky, especially if you have never experienced one before. Down below you will have the opportunity to learn more about the do's and don'ts after a loss! Reviewing these tips can be very beneficial to keep you prepared in the event of a water loss in your home or business.
Remember, our SERVPRO of Los Gatos/Monte Sereno team is always on call and ready to help after a water damage event on your residential or commercial property. We understand that disasters never strike at a convenient time, so our team is always on standby and ready to help! 24/7!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (408) 600-2020
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.